Thursday, December 4, 2008

Prayer Request

I would like to ask for your prayers for safe and uneventful travel. :)

Not a good flyer - not that I am rude to the airline staff - I get motion sickness and have quite a fear of flying!

In my Daily devotional book I skipped ahead to our travel date to look and see what the verse was for that day and guess what the verse is?! "Do Not Be Afraid. I am the First and the Last." (Revelation 1:17) That truly instilled me with so much peace!! But then I read about another Mom (not to China) her awful flight and well.....

Rereading this verse now really helps and makes me feel stronger. Fear is an irrational emotion and I have heard all of the statistics about how much safer flying is. I am weak and only human. My goal is to give it up and give it over to God - this is what it's all about.

Lord, help me to keep on trusting you and your word daily. (prayer from devotional book!)

We would still wish for your prayers!!

Thank you so much!!

Joy :)

3 comments:

sierrasmom said...

You have all the prayers I can muster!!! I will be following your every movement. You will know I am there!!!! I pray first for a smooth and enjoyable flight for you!!!!
Kathie

Bobbie* said...

Praying Joy!!! Don't worry. I am usually the exception on bad flights. But you notice all I had was delays and inconveniences. Nothing that stopped me from getting to my son. :o)
Praying for smooth flights, good weather, and a smooth transition for you little Aric. :o)*

Joy Springob said...

Thank you guys SO MUCH!!

God definitely heard all your prayers and guided us smoothly here an in.

Kathie I am hoping you have the same experience!! The Continental flights were great. We even liked the food. LOL

Bobbie I feel guilty for having such a smooth flight after ALL that you had to go thru. :( You are amazing!! And such a trooper.

Now going to get ready to go get our boy. :)